Monday, October 27, 2008

AS I WAS GOING............

It is so good to be home! I have been away much of this month and I am
so happy to be back blogging. I have a lot of catching up to do. The house needs
a good cleaning and I need to transfer my journal. I have been copying it but
I really would like it saved. I hope I have enough space available for it. I am
going to try to do that tomorrow, providing nothing else comes up to prevent
it. So the cleaning will just have to wait, perhaps even to spring.
I have enjoyed my little vacation this fall. My son vacationed in Colorado
with a group of friends, so I was free to do a little traveling of my wn this month.
I really enjoyed the Smoky Mountains and Pigeon Forge, even though I have
been there many times. The scenery is spectacular. We went to several of the
new musical shows and Dollywood, and really enjoyed it. There's always new
things being added every season and I never tire of it.
However, I must say our own mountains were just as beautiful when we
returned. We are about two weeks ahead of the Smokies in getting our grand
fall foliage. Our mountains were ablaze with glory and looked wonderful as
we arrived home. There just is no place like home.

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad you got a chance to get away, but I know it is always nice to be back home too. My Spring cleaning was put on hold til Fall and now it may wait til winter.
'On Ya' -ma

Beth said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had such a great time. I love the Smoky Mtns too--what a beautiful place. But like Dorothy said, "There's no place like home!"

Hugs, Beth

Happy Being Me said...

Welcome home - Happy to hear you had a good time travel about. Take care of you and yours always,
Katie