Wednesday, November 5, 2008

DAWN OF A NEW ERA

Do you feel a little letdown after all the adrenaline

rush of yesterday? I do, and even though it is a relief

to have it decided and over, having all the hoop-la

end is kinda an anti-climax. Of course, we were a

little oversaturated with political propaganda. The

media blitz is over, so what are they going to talk

about now? Back to poor ol' Brittany, I guess.

I called my daughter to see how they were taking

McCain's defeat. She said that the boys were quite

disappointed, but their appetite for politics had been

whetted and she had no regrets. She said they would

always remember seeing "A real American hero"!

I told her that I thought Obama's victory speech was

very eloquent, as great as any I had ever heard, to

which she replied, "Oh, yeah! There's no doubt that

he can "talk the talk", now if he is just able to "walk

the walk" and fulfill his campaign promises. We

had a hard time believing he could do all that and

NOT RAISE TAXES, for the middle class. " We shall see!

Her brother, a Democrat, is biding his time

before venturing a little political ribbing for her. I

told her to expect it. She said "Well, at least, we

have griping rights now. We've had to listen to it

from them for years now. I am hoping a Democrat

president with a Democrat Congress can work

wonders with the economy, the wars and health care.

AND NOT RAISE TAXES for the working class. McCains

speech was very gracious, also. Plus, we haven't

seen the last of Governor Palin.". I'm glad they have

important jobs to go back to. This election has really

been an experience. I'm glad I voted.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Not really let down, Pat, more glad that I can breathe a sigh of relief now! LOL at the media back to Britney Spears. Nooooo!

Why does your daughter think that Obama won't raise taxes? He's said all along that he will, on families that make over $250,000 a year, and individuals that make over $200,000 a year.

I also thought Sen. McCain's speech was gracious. I hope he can regain his credibility in the Senate--I think his negativity in the past couple of weeks cost him a lot of good will and support.

Whew. It's over! Now let's hope and pray that we can all work together to make things better for everyone.

Love, Beth

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Everyone is sighing with relief it seems. Even our friends abroad are hoping our new President turns things around . Lots of pressure on him and nothing is going to happen instantly, it will all take time. 'On Ya'-ma

Happy Being Me said...

I can say my belly quite full of all the hoopla and am ready now to digest it all. Hoping your Today is good to you! Take care,
Katie