Sunday, December 7, 2008

GLAD TIDINGS

I am so happy to be home again. I feel as if I have been away
much too long, even though my little jaunts have mostly consisted
of short trips and overnighters at my daughters home, I am ready
for some home and hearth. I have finished my Christmas shopping
and I will not be traveling much as the roads become more
treacherous. Time to hibernate? Well, maybe, because the cold
weather really cause old Arthur to kick up his heels. Arthritis is
no fun and that bad knee gives away sometimes. I do not need
a fall. Anyway, here I am, back to blogging and reading blogs.
Tis the season to be jolly, and with all the family feasting that
we will enjoy, I am hard-pressed to keep my fellow and I on
a diabetic diet. For instance, at his family's party this weekend,
I had to pass up old-fashioned stack cake, prune cake, NY style
cheesecake, coconut creme pie, and cookies galore. His
daughter is good at baking and everything looked so good. I
was proud of my willpower, and had turkey, dressing and
veggies! So hard to diet during holidays!
I so enjoyed being with the three little girls, ages 6, 4, and 2,
The twin boys are 17 months old. Little ones bring freshness
and life to a family gathering. The six-year old girl is a drama
queen with a big imagination. She passed gold wrapped candy
coins to all of the adults without telling what she wanted us to
do with them. Then she sat down and rang a little bell. I
realized that she had been impressed with seeing the workers
for the Salvation Army ringing their little bells and had asked
to hear about them. Such a sweet thing for her to play-act.
The play she is in at her church was tonight but we needed
to come home. I wished we could have stayed for it. I hope
I never reach the point where I am annoyed to be around
children as some older folk do.
My sweetie and his grandson had their usual political
debate which ended as usual in a draw. Neither one will
give up on changing the others affiliation and they keep
trying. They are equally stubborn but mainly, I think they just
enjoy the debating.
I am hoping for a break in this cold spell as I have not
done outside decorating yet. I have new pre-lit garlands to
hang on the porch railings with big red velvet bows. I think
Tuesday is supposed to have the best weather this week,
so I may do it then. I hate to wait much longer, as most of
the houses are already decorated. Look so pretty at night.
I must cut this posting a little short as it is late, and I need
to get some rest as I have a lot to do tomorrow. I always
have to catch up after taking time away from home.
The happy greeting I got from my pooches when I got home
let me know that I had been missed. I could hardly get out of
the car because they were so overjoyed to see me.
For now, I will bid you good-night and good morning as it is
close to one a.m. Have a good week and enjoy life, one
day at a time. God bless each and everyone and the U.S.A.

1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm happy to hear that you've had a good time visiting, but I know it is always good to be home too!
I wish I could hibernate in the winter. I have to go out each day no matter the weather to get back and forth to work. I enjoy the little ones too and love to see them laugh and play. 'On Ya'-ma