Monday, December 1, 2008

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

Twenty-five days and counting. I am going

to try to find my little calendar that counts down

the days. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Hey, that would be a good song title, wouldn't it?

Or lyric, but I think someone beat me to it.

My first Black Friday, my daughter talked me

into going with her. I always dreaded the crowds,

and the the terrible tales about the rudeness of

shoppers almost made me not go again. But there

I was right in the midst of it. We had elected to shop

in the smaller shopping center with a Walmart

instead of the super Walmart nearby. I heard later

that it was hectic there but surprisingly, the ones

we encountered were very nice and polite. I got

quite a bit of my shopping done, and enjoyed

a nice lunch with my daughter. Believe me, I did

not have to be rocked to sleep that night.

The snow is softly falling outside, and I

think it is too wet to accumulate, but I may wake

up to a winter wonderland tomorrow. Right now,

I think I will enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate and

snuggle in to read a while.


6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've get to do a 'Black' Friday. I'm glad you had a good time. My daughter and I take a special day in February to catch the President's Day sales and I always enjoy that. 'On Ya'-ma

jack69 said...

Thanks for stopping by the Shipslog. Good entry. I and my girl are not much for shopping. I son't mind spending money, but she does. Good entry. Since we travel the gifts are cards with money. No shopping for gifts, that is sort of a relief.
Nah, Sherry is a NC gal. The one joke was NC girl I changed it to Kentuck because of friend s who read are Kaintuckeins!
YEAH the count down begins!
Jack

shirl72 said...

I like to shop if it is Black Friday or Blue Monday. I shop like I am on a mission from God.
You are right people are rude.
I pick the places where I shop.
This is a different world that we
grew up in. I am Jack's sister
and very new on this computer
but I am learniing.

Shirl

Happy Being Me said...

Black Friday is tough but someone has to tackle it. I did and returned home unharmed. Take care and enjoy your day,
Katie

Beth said...

Wow, you survived Black Friday! I'm impressed!

Hugs, Beth

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

Glad to see you survived the shopping experience. I don't do that-Ever!
I'm a bit behind on getting things done, so the countdown feels more like deadline pressure to me, right now!
Enjoy your snow! We've had over 22 inches so far this year! :(

:) Leigh